Thursday, October 25, 2012

Skating with our homeschool friends



There was a homeschool skating party a few weeks ago, but it was far away and I had some other stuff going on, so I didn't get to take the kids.  I'm so glad a couple of my friends organized a closer one--at our same favorite rink where we have roller derby!  It was so much fun.  I thought I'd spend the whole time pulling the girls around the rink, but as you can see, they took off with their friends!


It's wonderful to see them spend some time with other kids.  I got to talk to my friends, too!



 Ivey and her friend Delaney spent a lot of time off the rink, just socializing.  Kind of like half the teenagers do on Friday night!  I guess in a few years we'll be dropping them off, too.  Weird!  At least I get to skate with them right now!  A little, anyway.


I was so glad to find out they're doing this again next month!  It's such a nice break to be able to skate with the kids for a bit during a busy week.  Can't wait.

0 comments: