Saturday, September 4, 2010

The best surprise ever

Today was a wonderful day. We heard something we'd really been wanting to hear.





We're looking forward to another wonderful pregnancy and birth with our lovely midwife Carey. She made a house call on a Saturday morning to listen for the heartbeat because I am exactly ten weeks pregnant today.

I feel like I just found out, only better. The positive pregnancy test felt a little like a surprise party that I showed up to in my pajamas with curlers in my hair and no makeup on. We were expecting Suzi and Ivey, and this pregnancy, especially coming before Ivey was even a year old, caught us off guard. Honestly, I was mostly worried that no one would be happy for us. It's a hard thing to feel when you're pregnant, but our families surprised us with their support. We were thrilled to hear that promising little heartbeat--particularly since I've had very few pregnancy symptoms other than the positive test and have almost wondered if I'd just imagined the whole thing. Now I know there's a reason why I'm hungry all the time and think things smell funny when no one else knows what I'm talking about.

We named the baby Robin right away but that will change to Robert if it's a boy. Robin will probably be here sometime in April. Ohh! What could be better than an Easter baby?

After I found out I was pregnant but before I felt like announcing it on my blog, I wrote several posts and saved them. I know it's been a while since I wrote them, but I think I'll post them anyway just to remember what I was thinking.

Next on my to-do list: Make a pregnancy calendar. Should've done it weeks ago.

Oh, and the picture of me that plays with the heartbeat was taken last night by my friend Megan.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I am so excited :-) Just love that little heartbeart. Coincidentally, if this little one is a boy, he will be Max Robert (Robert is for my daddy). Can't wait to see pics of that baby belly!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! A couple of weeks ago when you changed your header I wondered then if you were "on the nest".

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. :)

Anonymous said...

Leah was born the evening before Easter morning...it was a wonderful time of year for a little one! All of the new life around you to welcome him/her feels like the whole world is celebrating! Couldn't be happier for you. I really enjoy your blog.

Crystal Gilstrap

Rissa said...

Oh Jenny, I'm so excited for you! YAY, YAY, YAY! Congratulations to you all. What a wonderful honor to be with child again. =)

I love, love, love your bird's nest necklace. Please share how you made it!

Jenny said...

Rissa,

There's a tutorial for the nests here: http://justsomethingimade.blogspot.com/2009/03/little-wire-bird-nests.html

Hers are prettier, and I love the blue pearls she uses. I made mine with recycled copper electrical wire and an old necklace I never wore. They are really easy!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. And I'm so glad your families were excited, too. I always worry about the same thing and it helps to know other people share in your joy!