Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2008-11-02 13:19:44 UTC
Mrs. Sara! Gosh, a (different) Sara won my last giveaway! Weird. Sara, I will be emailing you in a minute. I'll need you to measure yourself and also send me fabric choice and an address. If Sara doesn't email me within four days I'll pick another winner.
If you didn't win, don't be sad. You can probably learn to make these slings yourself! I love these ida.net directions, and also Jan Andrea's for making reversible slings. Here is my post on making them. If you can thread a sewing machine you can probably make one, and it only takes an hour or two. If you've never used a pouch sling before, it would be best to start by watching an instructional video on how they work in general. Having an understanding of the sling's purpose makes the project much easier.
It's that time again... The Bloggy Giveaways Carnival is here!
I'm giving away one sling which I will make myself. I haven't made it yet because I'm going to let the winner email me measurements and fabric choice. (So it may take a week or so longer than usual to ship, but I'll do my best.) Above is an example of one sling I've made. I am also working on a batch of slings to send over to No Mother Left Behind! It's an organization that hooks families up with slings when they can't buy or make one for themselves. I encourage you to visit their site and consider donating.
Here are the different fabrics I can use to make the sling:
Please note: #3 is a sort of faux suede, and #4 is flannel (the same one I'm wearing above).
I can make a Daddy sling too. Probably the navy or khaki option would be best for a dad.
1) Please leave a comment telling me your favorite brand or style of carrier. If you don't know yet because you're still pregnant and/or don't have any carriers, tell me that too!
2) If you want you can also tell me the fabric you'd like for your sling, but it isn't required. We can do that later when a winner is chosen.
3) It makes me a bit nervous, but I'm going to go ahead and say I'll ship this sling anywhere :-)
4) You don't have to be a blogger to win, but please leave an email address! You may want to type it as somebody (at) somewhere .com to foil the spambots.
5) The contest will end at 11:59 pm Saturday, November 1st and I will select the winner randomly. I'll email the winner (and post here) and if she has not responded with shipping information within four days I will pick someone else.
6) I have plenty of fabric in most of the choices, but depending upon the winner's measurements one or more of the selections may be precluded. I will request a first and second fabric choice from the winner.
Good luck to everyone, and may we all win something!
More giveaways at the Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival!