Saturday, July 19, 2008

July Babywearing Contest and a fun summer afternoon

Have you entered this contest yet? Get out your red, white and blue and start taking pictures! I know some of you have slings that would be great for this, and you can win a pair of BabyLegs! This was our Saturday afternoon activity, and this first picture is my entry:

We are sitting on the steps of the red caboose in the Botanical Gardens in Clemson. We were headed there because it's such a pretty green place with lots of space for Suzi to explore, and when I saw the red caboose I thought, that's perfect! Somewhere there's a newspaper clipping picture of me playing in that same place when I was four. My mom used to take me there to play.


Daddy wears Suzi too!



After a few minutes we decided to take Suzi to the largest grassy field we could think of: Bowman. She walked...

And walked...

And walked.



We walked up to the Military Heritage Plaza and Suzi met the cadet statue.

Did you know those are Colonel Whitley's footprints?

(In case you were interested)



We left and went to Subway. We ordered Suzi a sandwich but she mostly ate strawberry yogurt and drank water. Then she got a second wind.


This makes me proud of Clemson. It is a start!


Poor little squirrel without a tail. I wonder what the story is there! Apparently they are sterilizing squirrels on campus and it makes their tail fur fall out temporarily, but this little guy is like a bobtail squirrel! This was as close as I could get for a picture; he was giving me the stink eye.


This is what we ended up with by the time we pulled into our driveway...


Good night!

4 comments:

Beth said...

It looks like you guys had a good time! I love that Jordan wears Suzi too. Jeff did when Elaina was little but doesn't anymore (come to think of it, I haven't in a long time...she prefers to run around!) I never thought about taking her out to Bowman and just letting her run...

Anonymous said...

Love the red and white leggings. What a cutie. Thanks for entering the Babywearing photo contest.

Anonymous said...

I feel like it's always a good day when there are pictures like that at the end:) She's adorable by the way.

And thanks for entering the Brain, Child giveaway at my blog - the deadline for entries had passed though:(

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jenny! Your photo has been selected as the winner for the July babywearing photo contest over at www.babyslingblog.com. Please visit the BabyLegs section at www.peppermint.com. Then send me at email at lorib at peppermint dot com with your mailing address.