On Robert's birthday
I haven't had much time to blog lately, but right now Jordan has taken Ivey and Robert grocery shopping and Suzi is still asleep. I am enjoying a cup of coffee and a few minutes to blog before our busy day begins! Here are some things that have been going on here.
1) I started a new homeschool blog, Pajama Party Academy. I plan to post at least once a week on what we have been learning, and maybe twice with posts about our favorite materials and specific experiences. We are still just getting off the ground and I wanted to document our journey.
2) I am just about to open a Hyena Cart shop to sell my baby cocoons and other upcycled wool and cashmere crafts! I will probably only stock a few items at a time (see #1; I'm busy) but I love making things and I'm excited to get them online into a shop finally. I'll post the link in a few days when it's up and running.
3) A quick Robert update: He has four teeth now and they are adorable, especially the top two. He's not walking yet, but he's cruising the furniture and trying to pull all our stuff off the tables. The other day he walked pushing a little wooden chair all around the living room to keep his balance. Here he is eating his birthday cupcake. He was baptized on Easter. The pictures from that day are mostly on my parents' camera, so I'll have to get them later.
4) Ivey. I think it is safe to say now that she is done with pottytraining. Yay Ivey! Lately she has enjoyed singing, visiting the pool at the Y, and doing homeschool and art alongside Suzi. She even joined in with the six-week drama class that only Suzi was going to take, so now Grandma takes both of them to it each week. Sometimes I think Ivey likes it even more than Suzi does! I've noticed that we need to put extra effort into helping Ivey feel involved. With the oldest homeschooling and the youngest literally screaming for attention, it's an easier mistake than I thought to not give the middle child enough of our time. She has a wonderful personality though, and I love spending time with her. Here she is with her Papa (Jordan's dad) on Easter.
5) Suzi seems to be enjoying our homeschooling. Our new approach has been better than anything else we've tried. She still loves making things and wants to be an artist. Lately, she's also been into putting on puppet shows. She makes the stage with a chair and a blanket and then we all watch. She lets Ivey hand out tickets. She loves swimming at the Y and we want to get her into swimming lessons soon. Also, you know what's funny? Right at the start of spring, Suzi suddenly started wearing dresses again. She told my mom she wanted one, and my mom bought it for her. I was shocked. Nothing too frilly, though! Here she is with both Grandma and Nana on Easter.
That's all for now!