Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our new toys

From the consignment sale...

Peeping chicks for Ivey (Suzi loves them too),




And a new(er) Ergo for Jordy and me. We had one already that we bought used from a friend, but this one is an upgrade. The old one will be out on loan to a friend this summer. We love the new Ergo, but we do not love the overpowering scent of the prior owner's laundry products. What is it with people and faux-flowery scents? Hopefully it will wear off soon. At least it doesn't reek of cigarette smoke.


I am having some trouble deciding if I should go to the next sale, which is in early April. I do not need anything. However, if I volunteer I get 70% of my sales rather than 65% and we are selling a nice jogging stroller. And if I volunteer I get to shop early, and if I spend four hours of my life volunteering it'd be a waste not to go to the early sale. It's such a privilege after all. Super marketing plan, isn't it?

P.S. Don't worry, we got Suzi some new toys too. A moon bounce ball to play with in the yard. A couple of new dolls. A pink dinosaur bank she loves to "feed." Swimsuits for this summer. A mini-chalkboard box. Probably some other things I can't remember.

P.P.S. I can see now I reallllly need to stay away from this next sale.

P.P.P.S. Hmm. Well maybe it wouldn't hurt just to drop by the 50% off sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a total impulse shopper at thrift stores and garage sales and the like. Everything is so cheap, making it easy to justify. But if it's unnecessary, it's not really a bargain. I try to remember that, but it's HARD in the moment.

Cave Mother said...

The UK equivalent of your consignment sales are the NCT Nearly New Sales. Oh my god. So much stuff, so cheap, it would be a crime not to buy it. Helpinig out at them is fun, too. After setting up, but before the sale starts, we all sit around drinking homemade soup and eating cake :-)