Thursday, April 2, 2009

Product Review: B'Mums Pregnancy Relaxation CD


I am a sort of high-strung person, and relaxation has never come naturally to me. Especially when pregnant, I have days when nothing particularly bad has happened, but I am just in one of those moods. Or perhaps there was a customer at work I just couldn't please no matter what I did. Or maybe Suzi, for instance, screeched for half an hour because I made her take her shoes off before going to bed. By the end of the day, I feel like this:



That's why I loved Sinead Hoben's B'Mums Pregnancy Relaxation CD. I started listening to it before bed. Jordan agreed to watch Suzi downstairs while I went to bed a few minutes early. Sinead has a calming voice and a beautiful accent, and the background music with nature sounds is perfect for unwinding after a stressful day. The directions and suggestions on the CD (relaxing different parts of your body, thinking of your baby, etc) were great for distracting me from nagging thoughts. The only problem with doing it at night was that I never got to listen to the end of the CD. At some point I woke up thinking what? When did the CD end?

I decided I should test it out in the morning before reviewing it, and this morning Suzi slept late so I was able to. I thought it was an equally good way to start the day. It cleared my mind and helped me relax before getting started on my long to-do list. It would also be a good way to re-energize after lunchtime, or (if you are already a mom) whenever your child is taking a nap. I know I will enjoy using it throughout the rest of my pregnancy, and probably during labor also.

I felt Ivey moving a lot when I listened to the CD. It made me feel connected to her, and I think the CD would be especially helpful during those times when a mom is concerned because her baby hasn't moved in a while. I think most moms experience this at least a couple of times during a pregnancy, and it's recommended that you lie down on your side and wait to hear from your baby. Ivey does seem to move more while I listen to the CD, but in any case, listening and relaxing sure beats worrying in silence!

If you'd like to buy a copy of the B'Mums Pregnancy Relaxation CD, visit this website. You can even listen to a sample of it. Sinead also has a CD for breastfeeding relaxation (which I may have to get later).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Jenny. I'm truly delighted you enjoyed the cd so much and that it helped you relax and connect with your baby :)

Good Luck with the birth!

Sinead xox

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful idea to put on music for purposes of relaxing, which always makes everything better! If you're interested in an instrumental lullaby cd for you and your baby, I'd like to suggest "Good Night Lullabies" by Patrice Cosier. It's quite beautiful and very relaxing. You can hear samples at www.lilypondlanemusic.com
Ken Livesay.
ken.livesay@cox.net